Sunday, February 24, 2013

This can't be legit

In an effort to make things easier than box cake mix, I recently discovered that you can make box mix cake with a can of good ole' diet coke. What?! you make exclaim, diet coke?! Yup, one can of soda and nothing else.... Nothing?!... nope, forget the 1/3 cup of oil, those pesky 2 eggs and geez be sure to leave out the water... man box cake is pretty dang complicated, so it's better this way right?


Apparently this is not a new idea, as my mom pointed out that it was pretty popular in the 60's and 70's? NO idea I tried to a bit of crude research only to discover that people use it as a substitute to the oil and fat that is used in box cakes. Well I'll be damned a diet cake?! Gosh so I can eat the whole thing right?! Um, no although it is a "healthy option" to straight up oil, soda contains some questionable ingredients. The point is, if you want cake... when in doubt go for the real thing! 


No comments:

Post a Comment